In 2018, VSS became a member of the Federation of Associations in Behavioral & Brain Sciences (FABBS).
FABBS is a coalition of scientific societies that share an interest in developing knowledge for the betterment of society by advancing the sciences of mind, brain, and behavior. FABBS represents the interests of its scientific societies by
- Educating federal representatives and Congress about the importance of research in the sciences of mind, brain, and behavior
- Advocating for legislation and policy that enhance training and research
- Providing sources of expertise and knowledge to federal agencies, Congress, and the media
- Encouraging the sound use of science in the creation of public policy
- Fostering effective interaction between agencies and organizations that fund research and the community of scientists and scientific societies
- Facilitating information exchange among constituent societies as well as other scientific organizations