There are currently over 3,600 members of VSS, representing a wide range of vision research areas. 50% of our members come from outside the United States, representing over 30 countries.
Membership in Vision Sciences Society is on a calendar year basis. Dues are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Remember, you MUST become a 2020 member to access our Online Abstract Submission form and submit an abstract for VSS 2020. All first authors MUST be current members in good standing.
VSS Membership is open to individuals with interest in the field of vision sciences. Regular long-standing members of VSS who have retired may petition for Emeritus status by writing to the Society’s Executive Director. Membership fees are waived for Regular Members Emeritus.
2020 Membership Fees
Undergraduate Student Member $95
Graduate Student Member $115
Postdoctoral Member $160
Regular Member $205
- Eligible to submit abstracts as First Author and present research at the annual meeting (presented abstracts are published in the online Journal of Vision)
- Eligible to submit proposals for VSS-sponsored symposia at the annual meeting
- Receive reduced conference registration rates
- Access to online membership directory
- Students are eligible to apply for Student Travel Awards
- Postdocs and Early Career Scientists are eligible to apply for NEI Travel Grants
- Regular members are eligible to vote in the Board of Directors election
The Vision Sciences Society is now officially listed as an approved professional organization for the purposes of UK tax. This means that membership dues paid by UK tax payers should be eligible for tax relief by HMRC.