- The first author must be a current 2022 member in good standing.
- All first (presenting) authors must be registered for the meeting.
- Substitutions of presenters for talks or posters are not allowed except for cases in which the first author is unable to travel to the meeting due to circumstances connected to the COVID-19 pandemic, including health or travel restrictions. In such cases a different author may be designated as the presenter. The substitute presenter must be registered to attend the meeting. VSS must be informed of and approve any such substitutions in advance of the meeting.
- Under special circumstances requests for presenter substitutions for posters for reasons different from the above will be considered by the VSS Program Committee and will be handled on a case-by-case basis. If a substitute presenter for a poster is approved, the first author and the substitute presenter must both be registered to attend the meeting.
- Only abstracts presented at the meeting will be published in the Journal of Vision.
- Each member may submit only one first-authored abstract to the meeting.
- Each member may present only once at the meeting, except for circumstances noted above where the member is serving as a substitute presenter.
- Abstracts must be work that has not been accepted for publication or published at the time of submission.
Updated: November 2, 2021