Protected: VSS 2022 Attendee Waiver
Health and Safety Protocols
The health and safety of our attendees, staff, exhibitors and the local community is our top priority. These are the steps we’re taking to ensure your safety at this year’s in-person meeting:
Vaccination and Testing Requirements
All in-person VSS attendees are required to show either proof of vaccination or negative PCR test results to attend the VSS meeting.
- Vaccination option – Attendees must be fully vaccinated as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the World Health Organization (WHO). Attendees will be expected to upload proof of vaccination (details will be available soon).
- Testing option – Attendees will be required to provide negative PCR test results. PCR test must have been taken within 3 days prior to arrival at the meeting. Attendees will be expected to upload proof of negative test results (details will be available soon).
Attendees not complying with the above will be denied entrance to the meeting and forfeit their registration.
- At the time of this writing, VSS will require all attendees and Tradewinds staff to wear masks indoors, except when presenting talks or actively eating or drinking. N95 and KN95 masks are highly recommended. Masks should fit snugly and completely cover your mouth and nose.
- A limited supply of surgical masks will be available at the VSS registration desk.
Onsite Safety and Cleaning
- The Tradewinds has instituted enhanced cleaning process including the use of Electrostatic Spraying Technology which uses the highest classification of disinfectants and sprays entire areas including guest rooms, meeting space, lobby, fitness centers and dining venues.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will also continue to be accessible at key guest entrances and at all meeting and event locations.
- Staff will sanitize all shared equipment and meeting amenities before and after each use. This includes wiping down podiums, microphones, and PowerPoint clickers between all speakers.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting will be performed on commonly touched surfaces and in high-traffic areas.
- VSS will make use of outdoor event space where possible.
Attendees are asked to self-monitor daily for symptoms and not enter shared spaces if they are exhibiting any symptoms or signs of illness.
VSS reserves the right to modify the conditions upon which attendees are permitted to attend VSS 2022 consistent with applicable law and public health guidelines.
December 15, 2022 –
February 28, 2023
March 1, 2023 –
April 20, 2023
April 21, 2023 –
May 24, 2023
|Undergraduate Student Member||$150||$150||$230|
|Graduate Student Member||$175||$225||$260|
|Regular and Emeritus Members||$365||$435||$490|
|Undergraduate Student Non-Member||$265||$310||$340|
|Graduate Student Non-Member||$325||$385||$440|
Reduced Registration Policy
The Vision Sciences Society is committed to assist with costs of registration for researchers from countries with limited access to research support. As a policy, the Vision Sciences Society uses published data from the World Bank and from the Organization of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) on countries’ Gross Domestic Expenditure in Research and Development to determine whether researchers qualify for reduced registration. Please contact the VSS administrator, Shauney Wilson, if you would like to request reduced registration on this basis.
Registration Refund Policy
Registration fees are refundable through April 1, 2023, minus a $50 handling fee. Registration fees are not refundable after April 1, 2023.
To request a registration refund, email us at .
Log in to MyVSS and look for the Meeting Registration section on your account home page.