The health and safety of our attendees, staff, exhibitors and the local community is our top priority. These are the steps we’re taking to ensure your safety at this year’s in-person meeting:
Vaccination and Testing Requirements
All in-person VSS attendees are required to show either proof of vaccination or negative PCR test results to attend the VSS meeting.
- Vaccination option – Attendees must be fully vaccinated as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or the World Health Organization (WHO). Attendees will be expected to upload proof of vaccination (details will be available soon).
- Testing option – Attendees will be required to provide negative PCR test results. PCR test must have been taken within 3 days prior to arrival at the meeting. Attendees will be expected to upload proof of negative test results (details will be available soon).
Attendees not complying with the above will be denied entrance to the meeting and forfeit their registration.
- At the time of this writing, VSS will require all attendees and Tradewinds staff to wear masks indoors, except when presenting talks or actively eating or drinking. N95 and KN95 masks are highly recommended. Masks should fit snugly and completely cover your mouth and nose.
- A limited supply of surgical masks will be available at the VSS registration desk.
Onsite Safety and Cleaning
- The Tradewinds has instituted enhanced cleaning process including the use of Electrostatic Spraying Technology which uses the highest classification of disinfectants and sprays entire areas including guest rooms, meeting space, lobby, fitness centers and dining venues.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers will also continue to be accessible at key guest entrances and at all meeting and event locations.
- Staff will sanitize all shared equipment and meeting amenities before and after each use. This includes wiping down podiums, microphones, and PowerPoint clickers between all speakers.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfecting will be performed on commonly touched surfaces and in high-traffic areas.
- VSS will make use of outdoor event space where possible.
Attendees are asked to self-monitor daily for symptoms and not enter shared spaces if they are exhibiting any symptoms or signs of illness.
VSS reserves the right to modify the conditions upon which attendees are permitted to attend VSS 2022 consistent with applicable law and public health guidelines.
Registration for VSS 2022 is now open!
VSS is offering two meeting experiences this year — an in-person meeting at the Tradewinds in St. Pete Beach and a worldwide virtual meeting (V-VSS).
Registration for VSS (in-person May 13-18)
Registration for in-person VSS also includes registration for V-VSS (June 1-2).
VSS registrants will have full access through September 30, 2022 to all talk recordings, poster PDFs and optional videos, and other meeting content made available.
|Registration Rates for VSS||Early
1/26/22 – 3/9/22
3/10/22 – 4/20/22
4/21/22 – 5/18/22
|Undergraduate Student Member||$135||$180||$210|
|Graduate Student Member||$160||$205||$235|
|Undergraduate Student Non-Member||$235||$280||$310|
|Graduate Student Non-Member||$295||$350||$400|
NOTE: In-person attendees must be either fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide negative PCR test results prior to checking in at the VSS registration desk. See Health and Safety Protocols for more information.
Registration for V-VSS (virtual June 1-2)
Registration for V-VSS includes admittance to all virtual events scheduled for June 1-2.
V-VSS will include virtual posters, virtual talks and symposia, workshops, satellites and networking events. V-VSS poster sessions will include live presentations from poster presenters who also presented at the in-person meeting.
V-VSS registrants will have full access through September 30, 2022 to all available talk recordings, poster PDFs and optional videos, and other meeting content. (This includes content from both the in-person and virtual meetings.)
|Registration Rates for V-VSS||Early
01/26/22 – 4/20/22
4/21/22 – 9/30/22*
|Trainee Member (undergraduates, students, postdocs)||$75||$100|
* Members can register at the V-VSS rates through September 30, 2022 to view all available talk recordings, poster PDFs and optional videos and other meeting content.
First Author Registration
All first authors, for both in-person and virtual, must be registered by 4/1/22. For in-person VSS, if the first author cannot travel due to circumstances connected to COVID, a substitute presenter may be requested. See Abstract Submission Policies.
Reduced Registration Policy
The Vision Sciences Society is committed to assist with costs of registration for researchers from countries with limited access to research support. As a policy, the Vision Sciences Society uses published data from the World Bank and from the Organization of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) on countries’ Gross Domestic Expenditure in Research and Development to determine whether researchers qualify for reduced registration. Please contact the VSS administrator, Shauney Wilson, if you would like to request reduced registration on this basis.
Registration Refund Policy
Registration fees are refundable through April 1, 2022, minus a $50 handling fee. Until March 31, you can switch your registration from in-person to virtual or virtual to in-person without a handling fee. After March 31, there will be a $50 fee for this change.
Log in to MyVSS and look for the Meeting Registration section on your account home page.