There are currently over 3,600 members of VSS, representing a wide range of vision research areas. 50% of our members come from outside the United States, representing over 30 countries.
Membership in Vision Sciences Society is on a calendar year basis. Dues are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Remember, you MUST become a 2018 member to access our Online Abstract Submission form and to submit an abstract for VSS 2018. All first authors MUST be current members in good standing.
VSS Membership is open to individuals with interest in the field of Vision Sciences. Regular long-standing members of VSS who have retired, may petition for Emeritus status by writing to the Society’s . Membership fees are waived for Regular Members Emeritus.
2018 Membership Fees
Predoctoral (Student) Member $115
Postdoctoral Member $155
Regular Member $200
- Eligible to submit abstracts as First Author and present research at annual meeting (presented abstracts are published in the online Journal of Vision)
- Eligible to submit proposals for VSS-sponsored symposia at the annual meeting
- Receive reduced conference registration rates
- Access to online membership directory
- Eligible to submit job postings, announcements, conferences or seminars of interest to the VSS community
- Students are eligible to apply for Student Travel Awards
- Regular members are eligible to vote in Board of Directors election
The Vision Sciences Society is now officially listed as an approved professional organisation for the purposes of UK tax. This means that membership dues paid by UK tax payers should be eligible for tax relief by HMRC.