The Vision Sciences Society and FoVea invite you to participate in a Town Hall on Diversity, Inclusion and Respect that will be held as part of the V-VSS.
The Town Hall follows on the commitments VSS and FoVea made in their recent statements to work towards making VSS and vision science a more diverse and inclusive community, and to work with its members to fight anti-Black racism and discrimination in all its forms.
We would like to hear your concerns, ideas and experiences. Some of the topics that have been suggested for discussion are
- Actions that should be taken to improve the diversity of vision science.
- The experience of people of color and other under-represented persons in vision science, and how to improve it.
- Ways to make the VSS conference more accessible and inclusive.
- Ways in which we can fight racism in the broader global community.
- Development of new outreach or educational programs by VSS and FoVea to expand the access of vision science to schools (K-12), college undergraduates, or members of the public, targeting under-served communities and populations.
- Ways to improve mentorship, career, and funding opportunities for people of color and other under-represented persons.
RSVP here. The RSVP is not essential for attending but it will provide important information for planning the Town Hall. Please complete the RSVP even if you are not sure at this time whether you will be attending.
Please note that we expect all participants to follow the V-VSS Code of Conduct.
We encourage all members to attend, and forward to seeing you at the Town Hall and at V-VSS.